Book Review: There’s a Moose in My Garden by Brenda C. Adams

This book is a must read if you are designing your garden for the first time, or if you want to alter an existing bed. I found this book a pleasurable easy read with beautiful pictures. There’s a Moose in My Garden is Alaska specific, focusing on designing a cold-climate garden. Adams’ has three sections of the book; Designing a Northern Garden, Building and Managing a Low-Maintenance Northern Garden, and Some of My Favorite Hardy Plants and What Makes Them Special. Within those sections she goes into: designing, planning, practical application, construction, and helpful considerations. Her knowledge is astounding, along with many helpful tricks of the trade.

I bought this book in the Spring of 2017 by way of the Girdwood gardening club recommendations. When I first got this book, I carried it around everywhere. I just couldn’t put it down. My goal is to redesign my entire yard and garden. A big task I know, but with the help of this book, it seems attainable. My garden has already started its transformation towards the vision in my head through Adams’ garden design ideas and plant recommendations. There’s a Moose in My Garden could be a one-time read if you are perfectly content with your existing garden and looking for a winter read. However, if you are like me, it will be a great reference book to your ever-evolving landscape.

About Slugslayer

Share this.